Welcome to our site, the virtual home of the Battlefield Bass Anglers!
We were established in 2013 as a group promoting the values of a friendly fishing club with a goal of education, conservation and enhancing the sport of Bass Fishing in the Northern Virginia area. Battlefield Bass Anglers is made up of a group of men and women that love to fish and enjoy being around friends. As a club, our common goal is to share and learn from each other. We strive to promote interest in the benefits and enjoyment of our favorite pastime.
Interested anglers are always welcome to join us in our mission to help promote who we are and what we do.
Thank you for visiting our website,
Battlefield Bass Anglers
Region One Director
B.A.S.S. Nation of Virginia
ABOUT B.A.S.S NATION:
For more than 30 years, the B.A.S.S. Federation has been more than a name. It has been a community united by a sense of camaraderie and a spirit of belonging to something unique that carries from generation to generation.
Over the years, members have decided to join the B.A.S.S. Federation for many reasons other than exciting tournament fishing. The vision of true pioneers in our history — Ray Scott, Don Butler and many others — established conservation and a focus on building youth programs in addition to fishing competitions as areas critical to the viability of the sport and our lifestyle. B.A.S.S. Federation members, as well as B.A.S.S. employees and sponsors, have given tirelessly to the sport and the vision of these pioneers.
THE B.A.S.S FEDERATION NATION: A NEW CHAPTER IN A LASTING LEGACY
The B.A.S.S. Federation Nation begins a new era for B.A.S.S. State Federation Chapters. As the landscape of this great sport has changed, B.A.S.S. has worked hard to preserve the original purpose of the Federation program as established by Ray Scott and added progressive new benefits and features.
B.A.S.S. FEDERATION NATION PRIVILEGES OF MEMBERSHIP
• A subscription to BASS Times, the official magazine of the B.A.S.S. Federation Nation
• Eligibility to compete in state and divisional tournaments and the prestigious B.A.S.S. Federation Nation Championship
• An insurance program which provides $1 million liability coverage for sanctioned club events and $10,000 AD&D policy
• Sponsorship programs from premier partners available exclusively to members through the Alliance Program
• Monthly coverage of Federation Nation events, programs, achievements and initiatives in B.A.S.S. publications (over 4 million readers)
• BASS Insider Membership (included with all B.A.S.S. Federation Nation Memberships with annual affiliation)
• Federation Nation section within BASS INSIDER which will update all Federation Nation members on the activities of the various states
• Bassmaster Classic berths
• Early entry opportunities and discounts on B.A.S.S. sanctioned tournaments
• Discounts on BASS Stuff, the popular line of BASS branded clothing and accessories
THE ROAD TO THE CLASSIC
Rising through the ranks of the B.A.S.S. Federation Nation to compete in bass fishing’s most prestigious tournament takes dedication and perseverance, but the rewards for advancing to the next level are great. The steps from local club to Classic are presented below:
CLUBS AND STATE CHAPTERS
Anglers qualify through their local clubs for the State Team Qualifier Tournaments. Local clubs along with the State Chapter determine the qualifying format on the state level. The State Chapters of the B.A.S.S. Federation Nation hold State Team Qualifier(s) to qualify the team plus two alternates, one qualifying through the tournament(s) and the State President or his/ her representative. States determine the qualifier format for their state.
B.A.S.S. invites each B.A.S.S. Federation Nation state chapter to bring a team plus two alternates to one of 3 (three) B.A.S.S. Federation Nation Divisionals. Format of the divisional determined by B.A.S.S. Purpose of the divisional is to qualify one person from each state for the B.A.S.S. Federation Nation Championship. The divisional is a 12-person “team” tournament. Prizes are awarded to the teams only. The highest finishing person from each team will qualify for the B.A.S.S. Federation Nation Championship.
FEDERATION NATION CHAMPIONSHIP
Currently 47 B.A.S.S. state federations and 6 BASS foreign country federations compete within one of the 3 (three) divisions to qualify for the Bassmaster Classic. The anglers compete individually in this nationally televised tournament to determine a champion, however, the highest finishing angler within each of the 3 (three) divisions will earn a birth into the Bassmaster Classic.
Anglers qualify through the BASS Federation Nation Championship to fish the Bassmaster Classic.
A PARTNER IN CONSERVATION
Conservation initiatives remain an important aspect of the B.A.S.S. Federation Nation. In recognition of our members’ dedication to the preservation of our sport’s natural resources, conservation features and initiatives include:
• 2006 Federation Nation Stewardship Program linked to National Fish Habitat Action Plan and the “More Fish” Initiative — B.A.S.S. will provide a minimum of $1,000 annual endowment to each state Federation Nation for fish habitat work as well as provide discounts on Berkley habitat structures.
• Establishment of the B.A.S.S. Federation Nation Conservation College Scholarship Program in 2007 — program includes:
• One (1) four-year scholarship of $2,000 per year will be awarded per B.A.S.S. Federation Nation Division for undergraduate fisheries/biology studies — total of 6 scholarships annually.
• One (1) two-year scholarship of $5,000 per year will be awarded nationally for graduate fisheries/biology studie.
A PARTNER IN YOUTH PROGRAMS
The B.A.S.S. Federation Nation understands the important role that youth plays in the continued growth and preservation of bass fishing. The B.A.S.S. Federation Nation youth programs include:
• Junior World Championship including: — Travel assistance for all contenders in 2007 and beyond — B.A.S.S. Federation Nation Junior State Champion plaques for each contender beginning this year — Walt Disney World Celebration for the two Junior Bassmaster World Champions
• The new Junior Bassmaster Magazine provided to all Junior Bassmaster members & CastingKids
• Free CastingKids kits to host youth events